On 27 August, Navin Kumar (47) was killed due to an electric shock after the machine he was working on developed a technical snag. Navin was employed in a plastic bag manufacturing company in Shimlapuri , Ludhiana. Police have initiated an enquiry under Section 174 of Code of Criminal Procedure (Cr.PC).
On 25 August, Anuj (22) died while Anil Singh, Intezar, Vivek, Sushant, Jagatpal, Om Parkash, Shibu, Akashdeep, Jasbir, Amit, Ashwin and Anoop Singh sustained serious injuries due to explosion at Nector Life Science Limited, a pharmaceutical company in Derabassi, Punjab.
On 15 August, Vikash Singh (35) and Rajinder Prasad (30) were killed due to explosion in the boiler unit which they were repairing at the CPH Manufacturing LLP factory at Pune. The Company has announced a compensation package of Rs.2 Lakh each. No FIR has been filed in the matter.
On 14 August, Mayazhgan (45) was killed in an explosion at firecracker manufacturing unit in Madurai. Police have registered a case against Mumoorthy, manager of the factory and foremen Rajendra Nallusamy.
On 12 August, Rahul Reddy and Rajasekhar were killed in an explosion at Aurobindo Pharma, a medicine manufacturing unit at Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh.
On 13 August, Daya Ram (32) a migrant worker from Bihar died and 4 other workers sustained severe burn injuries as fire broke out at Gaba Sweet Shop in Ludhiana.
On 7 August, Jhumli Mavi (45) and Varsha Mavi (18) died of asphyxiation while cleaning the boiler at Valiant Glass Pvt Ltd, Boisar, Mumbai. The workers were provided no safety equipment by the employers. Directorate of Industrial Safety (DISH) sealed the manufacturing unit.
On 29 August, Balraj Sauda (50) drowned in a sewer he was cleaning in Krishna Colony of Sector 7, Gurugram , Haryana.
On 28 August, 4 workers died of electrocution when they entered to work in an under-construction sewerage line in Udaipur, Rajasthan. Electricity was flowing in the sewerage line from a nearby 11KV pole due to heavy rains in the area. Police have filed a complaint under death by negligence against the contractor who employed the safai workers.
On 23 August, 5 contract safai workers Sandip (30), Shiv Kumar (32), Horil (35), Damodar (40), and Vijay Kumar (40) all hailing from Samastipur district of Bihar died of asphyxiation when they entered to clean a drain in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. None of the workers had any safety gears on them when the accident took place. Police has initiated an inquiry under Cr.PC.
On 17 August, N Sakthivel (27) and R Madhavan (38) died while D Sandhippu (40) fell unconscious due to asphyxiation when they entered to clean a drain in the Nambiar Nagar area in Nagappattinam. The workers were not provided any safety gears and employed on contract by the Nagappattinam Muncipality. Police have filed a case of suspicious death under Cr.PC.
On 2 August, Bhriguram Mandal, Simran Munian and Basudev Mandal died of asphyxiation when they entered to clean the water sump of an under-construction building in Pandara area, Ganjam, Odisha.
On 9 August, Arjun Singh Kaivartya (34) died after falling from the 9th floor of an under-construction building in Pune, Maharashtra. Police have booked the contractor for neglecting safety standards. The worker was not provided with any safety equipment, neither a safety net was installed at the building.
On 1 August, Rohidas Lalasaheb Bhosale (34) died after falling from the 7th floor of an under construction building at Wakad, Maharasthra.
On 20 August, 2 workers – Rup Narayan and Akhtar Husen died while 4 others survived injuries as roof of the underground mine caved in on them in Jhilmil Coalfields, a subsidiary of the South Eastern Coalfields Limited in Koriya district of Odisha.
On 18 August, Mahesh (23) came in contact with a live wire and died of electrocution while cutting the tobacco crop. Two other who went to rescue survived severe burn injuries.
On 18 August, Mullar, migrant worker from Uttar Pradesh died while 4 others Gulmar, Nazeer, Muneer and Muzbair died as fire broke out in a furniture factory in DJ Halli area of Bengaluru. The workers were sleeping in the factory when the incident took place. Police has found an electrical short circuit as the reason for the fire and arrested owner of the factory Masoor Khan for negligence and not following safety measures.
On 13 August, Ashish Kumar and Vicky Chauhan died due to an explosion in the engine room leading to a major fire on offshore support vessel Coastal Jaguar near Visakhapatnam Port. The vessel had been contracted by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited and was on trial run when the incident took place. The vessel had 29 crew members on board of which 2 died, 12 survived 50% to 60% burns and 15 suffered minor burns and injuries.