01 March: Halappa Gurav (25) and Yallappa Harijan (22) died after a mound of mud used for the construction of a house collapsed on top of them in Biranholi village, Belagavi district, Karnataka. Police registered a case.
03 March: Junaid Mandad died and Shabir Ahmad Nengroo was critically injured after a concrete slab of an under construction building collapsed on them in a village in South Kashmir’s Anantnag district.
04 March: Ravi (24) and Babu (34) died while fixing cement pipes for a poultry waste disposal pit after a huge mound of earth caved and fell on them making them fall into the pit in Puttur taluk of Mangaluru district, Karnataka. Police registered a case against the employer for causing death due to negligence.
06 March: Mishrilal (28) and Dharmendra (27) died, and two others were seriously injured after inhaling ammonia gas that leaked following an explosion in a pipeline in a potato cold-storage unit in Lucknow. Police registered an FIR against the cold storage owner and manager under sections 304, 308 and 269 of the IPC.
07 March: Zahoor Ahmad (39) died, and two others were injured after falling down from an under-construction railway bridge, a project of IRCON international, in Sumbar area of Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir.
10 March: Mohammad Shahzad (20) died, and eight others were injured after a 20-foot-high scaffolding collapsed from under them while they were carrying out repairs on elevated railway tracks in east Delhi’s Yamuna Khadar. Police booked the contractor for causing death due to negligence.
10 March: Thoffudin (35) died while constructing a railway subway when a compound wall slipped and collapsed on top of him near the Madhura Nagar Railway Station in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. Police registered a case of unnatural death.
12 March: Prince Rai (7), the child of a construction worker slipped and fell in a 10-ft deep water pit and drowned to death at a commercial construction site in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Police didn’t file any FIR.
19 March: Bijendra (47) died of asphyxiation while cleaning sewers in Delhi’s Narela under a private contractor who provided no safety equipment to him. Police filed a case, but no compensation for the victim’s kin was announced.
19 March: Sunaram Sardar and Silu Berua were asphyxiated to death after inhaling poisonous gas while carrying out sewerage cleaning works at Tankapani Road area in Bhubaneswar.
21 March: Pradeep Kantilal Jogdanda (22) fell to his death while applying fabrication on the 12th floor of an under-construction building in Pune’s Chikhali. Police booked five people including an employee of a construction company and a fabrication business owner on the charges of causing death due to negligence and hiding information from the kin of the deceased.
23 March: Pradeep Yadav, Babuji Yadav and another worker died, and 14 others were injured due to a boiler explosion at the ammonia gas plant of Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) in Uttar Pradesh’s Phulpur. The management of IFFCO suspended 11 officials, and announced Rs. 6 lakh compensation for the kin of each victim and a job for one family member of each victim.
23 March: Four construction workers died and two others were injured while constructing a basement wall 20 feet below the ground when a portion of soil caved in at the construction project Silvassa Paradise on the outskirts of Surat, Gujarat.
25 March: Lokesh and Prem Chand died of asphyxiation in the septic tank of the Pearl Grand Emperor banquet hall in Delhi’s Ghazipur. Police arrested four people under section 304A of the IPC for causing death due to negligence, and under section 9 of the Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavenger and Their Rehabilitation Act.
27 March: Harshad, Bindesh and Dinesh died after inhaling toxic fumes while trying to enter a chemical tank at Vadol MIDC in Ambernath, Maharashtra. The contractor appointed by the company had not provided any safety equipment to the labourers however the Police registered an accidental death report.
29 March: Phima Dkhar (19), Dannyboy Lano (23), Bunlad Suchiang (29) and Niwan Suchiang (50) died, and two others were injured after smoke from the pump they were using made them fall unconscious while cleaning a 30-ft deep well in Meghalaya’s West Jaintia Hills district.